Friday, December 4, 2009

Forays into Acting

I love you Freja, but I hope you're not one of those models who wants to transition into acting. Considering that you've probably never had any formal training, and that music seems to be more of your passion, I do think this was a valiant and commendable first effort on your part. However, you should probably stick to your day job.

Then again, you shouldn't be penalized for the execution of this concept. I'm sure it was pretty hard for you to identify with the roles you were asked to play seeing as you're from Denmark and not from China. A Chinese girl and a Chinese courtesan aren't characters I would ever relate to you, but I suppose such details as ethnic authenticity don't matter to the Kaiser. And I'm sure it was hard to recite that choppy and ridiculous dialogue with a straight face. I know I would have been laughing my ass off if I had to pretend I was talking to Coco Chanel.

Anyway, what matters here is that Karl is once again supporting your career and that is something I will always commend him for doing, no matter how bored I get seeing you only work with him. I gotta wonder though, does he have you and Baptiste under contract as part of his official traveling entourage? If so, does this contract maybe have a clause somewhere that allows you to work with other people like Nick Knight, Paolo Roversi, Camilla Akrans and Solve Sundsbo? I certainly hope so.

Starting @ 6:00


Starting at the beginning and going until 2:45


Starting @ 2:50 and going until 4:00


This was quite entertaining, but I'm much more impressed by the runway pictures from the show:




Karl always knows how to transport us to another world. It's escapism at it's best when we need it the most. While the quagmire in Afghanistan escalates, the debate on health care reform continues on, and the global economic downturn dominates, we can always count on Karl (and the fashion industry in general) to give us a world where these concerns don't exist. For this reason, most people consider fashion to be a frivolity. But it is precisely because of this reason why I consider fashion to be an absolute necessity.

Your thoughts on the vid? Freja's acting ability? The show? Freja working with Meisel (I still can't believe it)? And thanks to all the people who left comments telling me that the vid was up. It's sweet of you all to think of me, but I am a member at tFS so I already see the news as it's posted. Sorry, but I just can't update this blog instantaneously. So just because I don't post about something doesn't mean I don't know about it. Often times I'm waiting and thinking about what I want to post and how I want to post it. I don't want to post for the sake of posting....and isn't that what Freja's thread at tFS is for? ;)

Image Credits: wwd

No comments:

Post a Comment