Monday, April 26, 2010

Ads



Found another Chanel Eyewear ad. No visible tattoos in this one, but it's a striking image nonetheless. Cool, modern, and sleek is just the way I like things. Also, does anyone else find it strange that the eyewear ads are so different from the main ads in setting, theme and aesthetic this season? I thought there was usually some correlation between the two (aside from models), and from what my recent memory can recall there has been. But not this time around. The Chanel eyewear ads appear to exist as a separate entity this season....not that I'm complaining.

And while we're on the subject of ads, Freja also has the campaign for Korean brand Voice of Voices. Their site isn't easy to navigate, so be forewarned.




Typical stereotype of Freja as the tough, androgynous model. I'm ok with this just as long as it's not the only type of work we see from her, and it hasn't been thank goodness. The poses are a little too contrived for my tastes, but it's nice to see Freja work globally in other markets. I know she has a huge fanbase in China, but does she have one in Korea too? Anyone know? Freja has worked for other Korean brands before, like System in SS06 and again in FW0809, so I tend to think she does.

Image Credits: My scans, vov.co.kr via tFS member ERIKIMISUN

No comments:

Post a Comment