Friday, August 13, 2010

Floating

You can add another one to the list! Freja stars in the Moncler Gamme Bleu F/W 10.11 ad campaign photographed by Steven Meisel, bringing her campaign count for the season to six.




Not only does Freja "float" through life; she also floats through the all white background of this campaign wearing all white clothing. Literal interpretation of her tattoo perhaps? ;) It just seems a bit comical to me to have her look as if she's floating along, and it also reminds me of an old movie quote (bonus points if you can guess what movie):

A: I can't believe you have that picture on your wall.
B: You like Chagall?
A: I do. It feels like how being in love should be. Floating through a dark blue sky.
B: With a goat playing the violin.
A: Yes - happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat.

So I suppose that happiness isn't happiness unless you're pristinely floating in some indeterminate location wearing Moncler....at least that's what they would have you believe if they want you to buy the clothes.

To be honest, I'm still pretty overloaded from this season and I don't really know what to say anymore. I feel like I just keep on repeating myself and rehashing old ideas. Is it coming across that way? The only thing I really notice about this campaign is how much Freja's face stands out in comparison to the all white backdrop. It really pops, but it also looks a little awkward and I think that's due to her sprawled positions. When you lie down, flail your arms, or do something other than stand up straight, gravity does strange things to your face.

Anyway, this campaign is a nice surprise and I'm thrilled that Freja is still working with Meisel. He has a tendency to forget about girls after brief periods of fascination with them. She's going into the S/S 11 season strong, so I hope this means we can expect a good showing. I always get nervous for the S/S cycles because Freja usually doesn't do quite as well as she does during the F/W cycles. Need I remind you of S/S 08 and S/S 09? Let's just keep our fingers crossed that my paranoia has no grounds for existence here.

Image Credits: moncler.com via tFS members testinofan and s'ngac

No comments:

Post a Comment