Thursday, July 1, 2010

First Glimpse of Chanel

Here are the first snaps of the Chanel F/W 10.11 campaign:




Way too early to make my judgment yet, but I will venture to say that things don't look so bad. I don't know what I was expecting with the outrageous collection, but the contrast of the soft furs against the hard, brick and mortar NYC landscape is quite nice. It seems to be one of those odd pairings that end up working--the qualities of one offsetting and enhancing the other's.

I just love the shot of Freja and Abbey together. Their embrace mimics the enveloping embrace of the clothing, and their facial expressions are quite wonderful in their contrast as well. A smirk on Freja's; and impenetrable gaze on Abbey's. Maybe "contrast" is the wider theme at play here. But I won't know for sure until we see the whole set.

Speaking of, I always end up liking the complete campaign after I get to look at all the images, so I'm hoping Chanel sets up a section on their website like they did for last season's Latin Lover campaign. Just from these quick snaps I can already tell that I'm inclined to like this campaign way more than the Max Mara campaign. And yes, if Fashion Week Daily is to be believed, those images are indeed the Max Mara campaign and not part of a lookbook. What a letdown....

Image Credits: snaps by tFS member nothingless

No comments:

Post a Comment