Thursday, July 15, 2010

Vogue Paris Cover

2010 is turning out to be the year of Freja. Five years after her debut, she's as strong, ubiquitous, and popular as ever. Congrats to Freja and congrats to all the old fans who have stuck with her through thick and thin, and to all the new fans who are just discovering her many facets.

Vogue Paris August 2010 Cover
Ph: David Sims



I'm of course overjoyed that Freja has landed her first solo Vogue Paris cover! But the moment is bittersweet for me because I keep thinking, "What about Raquel!? When is she going to get her cover?" Nevertheless, if the model isn't Raquel then I'm so happy it's Freja for she was long overdue for a solo cover as well.

My initial reactions on the visual appeal of the cover are too affected by my sheer excitement. That stare can sure kill you. However, I will say that I think the cover looks kind of shopped. The fur of the clothes blur Freja's silhouette, making it appear as if her image was cut out and pasted over the background. Maybe HQs will remedy this. I also think Freja is capable of more than what she's conveying on this cover. Perhaps this just isn't living up to my expectations in a month where the Vogue UK cover took me completely by surprise in the best way possible.

Anyway, all of this success couldn't be happening to a more deserving, humble and fantastic model. It's days like these when I'm SO proud to be a fan and proud to run this tiny blog.

Image Credits: relay.fr via tFS member t-rex

No comments:

Post a Comment