Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Record Stands Strong

For the 11th consecutive time in her career, Freja walked in the Marc Jacobs show last night. In fact, she closed the show wearing a shimmery, sequined dress while soft curls of hair fell around her face. I don't know how many of you even care, know or care to know, but Marc Jacobs is one of only two shows that Freja has never missed walking for during her long modeling career. Since her debut as a model over 5 years ago, she has diligently taken to that catwalk every single show season. For an industry predicated on change, trends, evolution and "the new" every few months, this is certainly an amazing feat for all those involved. Model, designer, and casting director have all worked in tandem, developing a rapport over the years that's cherished by me and hopefully by some of you as well.



As I was watching the livestream, I kept waiting to see Freja's face or straining to recognize her walk. As more and more looks came out I started to get worried, but then there she was at the very end. And it felt right that she should close the biggest show of NYFW. I have to admit that I haven't been as excited this season, but when I saw Freja at Marc I totally threw my hands up in the air and said "yes!" I said yes for the record, and yes for the lovely young woman that I saw. For fans who grew to love Freja at the beginning of her career, these past few months have been like a homecoming of sorts. She's looking as alluring, feminine and happy as she looked all those seasons ago. And maybe now the newer fans can begin to see her range and capabilities outside the very limiting stereotypes she was hindered by for so long.

Someone is most definitely having a moment, and she's been having it for the past year. And after last night, it seems as if this moment isn't even close to coming to an end.

Image Credits: style.it

No comments:

Post a Comment